Friday, March 31, 2006

Blogger Meet

This concept of Blogger meet is new to me. In fact, the concept of blogging is also not very old (for me). Bilbo told her story so I thought, “why not Apy also write something.”

One fine day, I log on to Yahoo messenger and, *tring* I get an IM..." Hi Apy". I spontaneously reply with a "Hi... How are you?" and then start wondering, who is this and why was I pinged. (Strangers pinging Apy is not a normal phenomena). This person had read my blog, got my Yahoo ID from there and had pinged me and the conversation that followed went on for hours. According to people working at Yahoo, the first message was received at 20:46 hrs and the last message was sent at 23:40 hrs. Have you ever been in a situation where you start talking to a person and both just click? Well, something like that happened on that day. We discussed all non-sense stuff that we could think of (well... some sensible stuff too...) and all I can say is that the stranger turned out to be a very nice person (Well... You can ignore 'very' if you want to... I am just trying to be nice :P), who has the same thoughts on a lot of things as I do.

One week later, a Blogger meet was planned. She had to hang herself and I was eager to help or should I say, she wanted to hang some wall hangings and (ahem) I was asked for help. The deal was that I will help her with that n she will feed me with something good from her foodblog.

Now, I was confused. I really wanted to give her something on this day but I had no idea what she likes or dislikes. Apy was in major trouble. And then it struck, Bang!! Gals like flowers... So Apy dude! Take flowers...Now Apy is one of the major illiterates when it comes to names of flowers and which ones to pick. So, Apy goes to the florist and checks out some flowers. He likes the purple ones but what the heck do they call those flowers? (Please don't forget that this is Japan and florists don't speak English and as a matter of fact, almost no one does). Apy comes back, talks to another colleague whose also a Japanese (luckily can speak English) and tells her the trouble he is in. Side by side, he also starts looking on net. Online Florists come handy in these situations and I found what those purple flowers were called... Tulips. (Don’t you give me that *you couldn’t even recognize Tulip* look! Yes, as I said... I have no knowledge of flowers. Only flower that I can recognize is Rose :D..I learnt about flowers long ago and don't remember anymore)

Now, the second question that popped up was, is it all right to give these flowers? I mean, didn't want to end up in a weird situation by giving flowers that are meant for sorrow or something like that. So again, to my Japanese colleague for help and finally decided on Purple Tulips.
In evening, Bilbo tells me that she is planning to buy bright yellow flowers. Apy was like... Aha... Okay... Nice... And then later she tells me, she couldn't find any and Apy says "Oh! That's bad", but what Apy meant was " Great! That's superb."

So next day, on his way to the rendezvous point, Apy picks up bright Yellow tulips. Taking the accurate directions from the lady, Apy lands up nowhere. (Okay Apy, be nice.... At another station, nearby). Turns out, she forgot to mention some details. In a way I don't blame her, it was my fault. I admit it. How could I expect a girl to give me correct directions?

Anyway, how to recognize each other? (though, In Japan, if 2 Desis plan to meet somewhere, there is no such question as "How will I recognize you?”) Still, Apy gives the weirdest description he can think of. He says, “he s wearing bright Pink Sweat Shirt and Purple Jeans (ek Dum Govinda Ishtyle...well actually I had thought of some weird green and yellow combination but then I thought she might not turn up at all :P. could not take that risk after such a long travel) and then asks, "Are you still coming?" She said, "Yep. With a huge board that says, 'I don’t know him' “ :D.

Met her. As wonderful a person as she sounded, a wonderful person she is (again Apy trying to be nice). She treated me with Aaloo Tikkis.. (Whoa!! Long-time -no -see kinda feeling just surrounded me after having a look at it). Along with that there were 2 more dishes and of course, how could I forget? Aaloo Parantha was also there :). It seemed that she put in a lot of effort in cooking. So Apy *bows and says Thank you*.

Had a great time talking and talking and talking. She seemed to have liked the flowers so Apy was relieved. Then we went out to check out her neighborhood and boy! It was a nice place.

Felt good to meet someone whose mind works at same frequency. In short, had a lovely day.

P.S. Nothing happened about the wall hangings, as the lady did not have the required resources to hang.

8 comments:

bilbo said...

Me firssssttttttttt
allright bilbs, breathe.

Geez apy, you bow really well.

I know you'll prolly kill me for this, but here's the update on the tulips. :D
They are doing good. Open and smiling :P

alice said...

cool...i love tulips too...and daisy's and lilllies...

La Louve said...

lol! i want tullips now!! ROTFL! bet you'll have to send flowers to all the gals who read your blog!

Apy said...

@Bilbs
/*Geez apy, you bow really well*/
yep. jappus have taught me that.. u bow whn u say sorry or thank u or anytime u feel like... in short.. keep exercising

n Thanks for the umpteenth update :D

@Alice
Gimme ur address.. i ll make sure u get those.... :D

@wbix
Yep sweety.. u l get tulips.. don wrry ..lemme kno where to send :)

I kno what u mean.. but there are a few whom I d love to send if they ll ask.... wd like to see that smiling face...

Casablanca said...

So where's the application form for tulip-request? ;)

And sounds like you had a good date! Bloggers rock!

Apy said...

@casa
dont worry.. its not a 'sarkari daftar' that you need to fill in forms. jus lemme kno where to send.. :D

Anonymous said...

hi! thanks for coming to my blog!
we, japanese, dont receive flower from men at first date.
so i was amazed by this post.
indian men are sooo sweet! ^^
she seems to be a lovely girl too. good luck!!!!!

Apy said...

@niki
First, Welcome to my place dear neighbour... :)
and thanks for the compliment
:D