Monday, April 03, 2006

Sakura is all around me.. Its everywhere I go

Spring is here and so is Sakura, also known as Cherry Blossom. Last Saturday, a Sakura Bazaar was organized at Indian Embassy in Tokyo. The view near the embassy was breath taking and so was the crowd at embassy (by the end of the day, wasn’t left with much of breath). I have not seen as many Indians in last 8 months as I saw that day. So clicked a few pictures and have updated Phutoz with the same.

I should say that the Indian food that they served was awesome. Tried Chhole Bhature and Chat after ages and of course! Kingfisher (they called it Indo beer) was also there. :D. Since the crowd was huge, there was a lot of pushing. After a few beers and pushes, started feeling like home. :D. There was no space to move but kids were running all over the place. I kept wondering, how kids always found the required space to run. (Don’t forget I had had a few beers and I was in analytical mode then)

Japanese crowd was there. They too seemed to be having a good time. Some Japanese women were wearing saree. They surely did look cute. Some of them were trying out Henna. Tattoo kind of stuff.

It was a fun day for sure.

14 comments:

Casablanca said...

Cherry blossom... looked lovely in the movie 'Memoirs of a Geisha'. Will check it out for real some time :)

And activities at Indian Embassys and High commissions are always so much fun :D

Apy said...

@maarit
Good luck for ur trip.

@Casa
Hope u get a chance to see in real life. Its amazin

La Louve said...

change of mind: i dont want tullips anymore. I want sakura please. tank yu.

Good to hear tht you had a great time! I cant remember the last time i ate cholle bhature.. actually mum tries to make those, but the taste isnt just the same as the roadwallah :)

Apy said...

@wbix
lol
Okay.. but sakura looks better on Trees..n since u dont look like a Tree... So change of plans again... u ll get tulips.. :D

I kno.. the roadwallah chhole bhature are the best......

~ Deeps ~ said...

sounds exciting......atleast u got something familiar to eat out there....

Apy said...

@deeps
Yep... n that too after a long long time...

Kathy said...

Hey Api thanx for droppin' by on my blog..( how do u find it?)i mean it's my first time to know Indian in Japan hehe..:)(oops i mean you're the second one either)the other guy is in Nagano...and the rest of my Indian friends are in India.
...so you're in Kawasaki?..i'm here in Tokyo.
..good sakura pics. you have here^_^ enjoyed hanami??
..thanx apy ..hope you visit again yaar.

-kathy-

Apy said...

@Kathy
It was my pleasure.. You got a nice blog gal....
U r the first filipina i came across in my life :)
(i kno it was a bad joke.. shut up Apy.)

Yep i m in kawasaki ...
cool .. i have an frnd (Bilbo) in Tokyo..nice place...
Thx
n i m gonna b around dear...

alice said...

sounds fun....

Apy said...

@alice
hey .. good to see u here.. yep it was..

Kathy said...

Apy,
...me first filipina?lol..ok!
.. bad joke huh??hmm..shut up apy hehe (just kiddin')*grin*
..cool u have a friend here in tokyo(am i not included to that yet?)*sob sob*..
..be around^_~
enjoy weekend yaar!

cheers,
-kathy-

Apy said...

@Kathy
oops.. my mishtake... i guess i should put it like this.. /*I have one more friend in tokyo*/.. n in any case ... i jus checked .. the old line was gramatically also incorrect.. :D.. so that makes it null n void... :)

Kathy said...

..*i have one more friend in tokyo*... hehe..yeah i'm not impressed by the word^_^ but still you have a friend here ...hmm in any case??..null n void..*grin* :D
..enjoy sunday yaar!

cheers,
-kathy-

Apy said...

@kathy
hmm.. u r not impressed by the word huh? Well.. All I can say is give it time... may be we ll b good frnz.. :D