Friday, April 14, 2006

Leaving on a Jet plane...

Well! Just like John Denver, I am leaving on a Jet plane. For those who really wanted to know what was bothering me, here is the deal. I am supposed to leave for India (Bangalore) on April 16, 2006 (i.e. Sunday) for a week. The reason for anxiety was someone who was trying to make sure I do not travel on this date. But I just kept my fingers crossed. I had to travel urgently as Apy is not keeping well and doctors in Japan have given up. They just couldn’t cure him. So, that makes me all the more tense. I have no idea what’s wrong with me. May be Desi doctors could help me out. That’s the only hope I have.

Currently my state of mind is a combination of excitement and tension. My folks are planning to come all the way from Delhi to see me. Its been a long time since I saw them last (3 months is a long time :P). So, I am all tensed whether I will be able to reach India or am I going to get stuck with something. I know I am whining unnecessarily but a phenomenon runs in the family. If something is planned, it will never work out. What works out is something that’s spontaneous. Sounds weird? It keeps happening with me all the time. So that makes my worry number 2 valid.

May be I am a paranoid. When it comes to something that has been planned, I am usually like that. I ask everyone who knows about it, not to be confident of its happening until it has happened. It has happened with me a zillion times. I planned so it didn’t work out.

I am a strong believer of ‘What ever happens happens for good’. But then, at times, even I give up on my faith. Usually, when something like this is about to happen, I form my sentences very carefully. Those who know me will agree to this. Instead of saying, “I am coming”, I end up saying, “I might come”. So that makes it look like it’s not planned and it ‘may’ or ‘may not’ happen. It’s like cheating luck or you can say, cheating yourself. But at times it works. I don’t know how, but it does.

So here I am, waiting for Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that I reach India and get well soon.

10 comments:

bilbo said...

me firstttt :)

had to take the help of google uncle for this


It's easy to be pleasant when life flows by like a song.
But the man worth while is the one who can smile
When everything goes dead wrong.

For the test of the heart is trouble and it always comes with years.
And the smile that is worth the praises of earth
Is the smile that shines through the tears.

so take care and smile. cus life happens when u're busy making plans .

Kathy said...

..so you're leaving?hmm..i don't get you :( .. was still half sleeping at this moment and i dunno why i'm here coz i'm just awaken by call of one crazy insomiac friend ^_^
.. happens to check my blog and saw your last comment so my feet brings me here maybe :)
...anyway,whatever it is..goodluck for you^_~ and get well soon.
..wishing you the best yaar..and oops i love John Denver ,that's why when i saw the title of your post,it mades me smile ^_~
...kathy will be back to bed now..oyasuminasai apy :)

La Louve said...

apyyy's not well??? whyyy :(((

You have a nice trip and a nicer reunion with the family. Dont you be stressed ok, tht's an order. you stay cool, like you already are.

Do so understand about planned and unplanned trips. works in a similar way here, but let's not generalise, maybe those are jus coincidences.. hey yu take good care of yourself.

nice flight, bon voyage and get well!
cheers

Apy said...

@Bilbo
That was great....original???? i doubt :P.... thanks a tonne .. it really helped...a lot...

@Kathy
Yep... I m leavin .. supposed to go fr a week or so...Thanks for the wishes... I really need em... :)

@Wbix
Yaaaaaaa... apy not well... donno whyyyyy....

Thanks .. n yes boss.. i ll follow your order boss....me cool.... cool dude.. will b cool .. (here we go again...shut up apy):D

Thanks a lot for all your wishes...n u too take care

La Louve said...

ok then, cya soon. keep us updated will yu?

Kathy said...

...oh ok ,take care apy ^_~ come back soon...
catch u then!

-kathy-

Keshi said...

aww Apy ur not well? Im so sorry to hear this. U 'may' have reached India by now and I hope and pray that all will go well with ya...

ur right..I dun plan either...and Im just like u when it comes to saying 'I might come' :)Every time I have planned something it has gone wrong..so I prefer doing things on impulse now...it just works for me.

I wish u all the best mate! Take care and do let us know how u r...

huggggggggz!
Keshi.

alice said...

hey u've got a song to match ur post....

whats wrong with u?????

i m sure u r in india now...take care man....

u want flowers??????? :)

Casablanca said...

Oh, I hope you get well soon and everything works out just the way you wanted them to. Take care buddy!

Keshi said...

Apy hope ur doing ok....

Keshi.