Thursday, August 17, 2006

Ol' Memories: The Milk story

I was just telling a friend of mine how much I hate drinking milk. When I say that, I mean milk in its original form. I like it as coffee and in Shakes but if you ask me to drink it by just adding sugar (or with some Bournvita kinda stuff) in it, I promise I will make all the faces before eventually drinking it. Yes, I will drink it and I wont throw it away. I still remember I did that once and the results were not very good.

I was in third or fourth grade and was standing in the balcony of our house then. Mom came and handed me a glass of milk. I told her I don’t want it but meri to koi sunta hi nahi hai na (No one ever listens to me). The glass was forcefully handed over to me. So, as soon as she turned around and walked away, I spilled contents of the glass on the road. Immediately after that, me smart me, rushed to the kitchen to keep the glass back.

Mom was there and she got suspicious.

a.) I was not that fast when it came to drinking milk.

b.) There was no (b).

Reason (a) was good enough for her to suspect me. I tried to avoid any eye contact but she called me and asked me what I did with the milk.



Did you drink it? She asked.



Me, Harishchandra, came up with a small yes.



She asked me again, Are you sure you had it?



Now she had me. I just shook my head.



So, where is the milk? She was turning impatient by the second and I could see the temperature rising.



I threw it on the road, was all I could come up with.



YOU WHAT ??



CHAPAAT!!!!!!!!



I still remember that slap. That was the last time I spilled milk. Though, I still hate it when I have to drink it but I manage to after making all those faces. 

I was just smiling away to myself when I thought about this and surprised as hell that I still remember it. I guess some memories are there in one's mind. Forever!

17 comments:

bilbo said...

oh yeah,
I bet you still remember the sound of the hand connecting .
I dunn like milk either but I guess I followed the spilling routine till mom got sick of it and stopped giving me any. funny thing is , she tries again after sometime. I guess she is still hoping I'd like it some day.

Twisted DNA said...

Good story.
"avoid any eye contact "
Haha. It's funny to imagine a small kid trying to avoid eye contact. Any parents know it means mischief has been done :)

parikrama said...

>> I mean milk in its original form

This line totally cracked me up.. (me & my dirty mind)

P said...

LOL

Mr. J said...

Talking about Milk, when I was at home recently, it was the same thing. Milk with coffee or tea is fine, but not milk milk, it kinda tastes weird.

Kathy said...

...hehe kido ^_^ ur like Rina, i need to give her tiger look before she drink milk in the morning though she loves it in cornflakes.
...i tried to drink turmeric flavored milk when i'm havin' cold last time ;(... my friend told me that its good for cold... umm not bad anyway but the color shocked me hehe ^_^ ...and i dunno if i can drink it again lol!

Kathy said...

... ur tagged sweetie ^_^ check my post when ur free na.

TC!

Apy said...

@Bilbo
Of course i remembr... lol..

@Twisted DNA
Thanks.... :)

@Parikrama
lol..u surely have a dirty mind dude...

@Perspective
:)

@Me
Exactly... my point..lol..

@Kathy
TURMERIC FLAVORED??.. eeeewwwww.. that was given to me wen i met with an accident.. though Mom was not there but my frnz made sure I dont miss her and me drink it evday.. yuck...

@London Masti
welcome to my place Dude....

@Kathy
ANOTHER TAG???? n i thought Tagging season was ova... but i ll take my own sweet time to do it..hehehehhe

@Amarula
lol.. yep.. a brat like u shud be given that.. hehehehe.. yeah yeah .. i kno i kno.. u ll say.. Look whos talkin...

Ekta said...

hahah!
same pinch..ur soo like me apy!
I HATE milk too and I always had to be forced to drink milk...in fact for mom that was another chore to make me drink milk!....and once-twice i drank some of it and out 1/4th in the basin..hehe..so there is no trace of it!

~ Deeps ~ said...

hey...on ur blog after long time...keeping busy a lot :(

well never had that kind of prob of milk but childhood has some precious memories for every1 :)

Kathy said...

Tum kab aaye?? ^_^ u need to change ur milk topic here now to some whiskey, rum or gin hehe :P ur sooo busy hmmm.... i hate u!!

update plsssss!

... miss ya sweetie! ;(;(

The Girl Who Sold The World said...

Hahahaha, it reminds me of all those times when I poured down a glassful of milk into my bathroom's sink every morning and evening. :P My mom still doesn't know about it. Pffft, milk sucks. We should start an anti-milk campaign. ;)

And yeah, it's amazing how sometimes even the most random and the most trivial things seem to be stuck in our memory forever...like I remember buying 4 large Dairy Milks from a shop when I was six and eating them within 20 minutes. :P

Keshi said...

milky baby apy :)

Keshi.

Pri said...

lol!!! join the "i hate milk" club...i used to hate it as a kid...still do :(...heehee...cant help smile o seein tht cute ad on tv wherin the boy actually empties his glass of milk in the fishbowl silently wthout his mom noticing and soo many othr ways to avoid drinkin it ;p

P said...

when's the new post? its due its due.....

educatedunemployed said...

Almost a month dude, did I miss some thing? Hope all is good at ur end.

GuNs said...

Milk hater !
Welcome !

I do like hot chocolate/bournvita though. One precondition is that it should be really hot.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs