Monday, May 21, 2007

Updates!

Last few weeks have been quite eventful. Delhi trip was great, and I had an amazing time. The amazing time involved a road trip to Haryana, Chandigarh and Punjab. The best part was the long drive with the family, something that we did after a long time.

Then, the wedding of the school friend was quite exciting. It was fun to see him smile for the last time. The cameraman was a pain in the patootie. At times, he used to shout as if it was his wedding and people had come to create problems. Man!! It was irritating every time he said… “Thoda Idhar”. “Thoda Udhar”. “Aap Thoda side ho jaao”. “Wait, Wait”. Finally, we were like, “BALLS!! If you can’t click pictures on time, its not our problem.” But apart from that, the ceremonies went pretty well.

After coming back, something horrible happened. A close friend lost her father. I could not understand what could be the comforting words in such situations. Suddenly, I had nothing to say to her. I was there with her all the time but could not think of a single sentence, which I could say to her to comfort her, to make her feel better. I felt helpless, watching her cry.

Last week, I was standing at a Traffic signal and I saw an old man in rags, selling ear-cleaning sticks. He was trying to convince a guy in a car to buy a packet. However, that person was least interested. Finally, the car guy took out a 20 Rupee note and gave it to the old man and asked him to keep the packets with him. But the old man, instead of taking the money and walking away, insisted that the guy take the packet. In fact, since he had given 20 bucks, he took out one more packet and tried to give it to him as each packet cost 10 bucks. He forcefully kept those 2 packets in his car and told that guy that he wont be able to eat his food if he took that money without giving him the packet. “I am not a Beggar, sir!” was all I could hear him say. I couldn’t believe what I had just witnessed. I wanted to help this guy and would have bought a few packets from him but suddenly the traffic signal turn green and I had to move since I was on a bike

8 comments:

La Louve said...

am first here!
the old man was sooo admirable. anyone would have been tempted to only take the money and be gone. it would have been much easier. If only people cared a bit more for others.. very touching Apy.

am sorry about your friend losing her paa. there arent right words during such moments. sometimes it is just right to be around.

me! now dont yu ask who!

bilbo said...

Apy dude,
You don't know how frustrating it is when someone walks into a shot just when you've lined it up all fabulous and all you get is huge piece of kurta or dupatta.

Good that you hung around with your friend. Actions speak louder than words and all that.

Take care.

joy said...

what do u mean by 'smile for the last time'...
good that u stayed with her thru the day....thats the best a frd can do at times
the old man...can't help but admire him...must be a reminder of the bygone virtous

Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

SHIT!! i wrote such a long comment and it just disappeared somewhere! unless uve enabled moderation ...!

Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

shit u havent enabled moderation!

anyway bck to the comment


I so knw wht u're talkin abt!! @ shaadi scenario! lolll

I know how stressed u were about her ... but somethings are just meant to be .... i hope u're feelin btr now though :)

Yeahh Ive had a similar experience .. it was lil kid sellin roses :D .. someone gave him money .. and even he didnt take!! a lil kid!! i was so surprised ... and i bought a bunch too :D :D

anyway its great to have u bck in the blogosphere after more than 2 mnths!!!! u remembered the password? lol

educatedunemployed said...

Such is life I guess.An amalgamation of thoughts expressions feelings emotions often mixed and confusing.Your narration so beautifully and simply has brought out the complexities of life. Interesting!

Sahasra said...

I liked ur way of expression...I hv been reading ur posts from a long time n bookmarked U without ur permission.

Photographers frustrate the spectators...How come they expect still photographs in a wedding..I happened to attend one wedding...It is a photo shoot rather than a wedding..OMG!!!it's time for Muhurth,but the bride n groom were busy giving stills...

Silence is best than consoling her at the very moment.

There are very few who have morals these.Thumbs up to the old man...

Apy said...

@Bleu
:) .. wont ask this time

@Bilbo
My only concern is that she should get back to life asap... Hope she does

@joy
Of course! his last smile.. have u seen any guy smiling after marriage.. poor chap... :P

@Loonie
Yep.. Luckily.. I did remember the Password... Hope to be regular now..

@EU
:) .. long time.. i thought u forgot me

@Sahasra
Thanks...