Monday, December 18, 2006

Interview Nightmares

As I mentioned earlier, when I started interviewing for jobs, it was an experience of its own kind. The companies I got calls from were kind of weird. (Yeah yeah.. Apy also acted weird but that's not new. Right??). There was one company that stood out in its weirdness. After I reached the general area of its office, it took me half an hour to spot the actual office. I was a little shocked when I saw the building and immediately made up my mind to not work there. Still, just for the heck of it, I went inside to give. I wanted to see how bad this could get. The size of the office was not more than a 2 Bedroom flat.


Anyways, interviewed with a lady, who was likely, the wife of the flat owner. Then came the HR manager. He seemed to be the brother of that lady. Looked like the complete family was involved in the business. Also, saw some kids running around. It really made me wonder... Where are the other frikkin employees???

It seems they were looking for people who could work in Taiwan.

No offence but... Taiwan??? NO WAYS.. Not Taiwan! Kill me. pliss pliss... Kill me...

Then the HR manager spoke to me. He asked me, if was interested in working for a big company or a mid cap company like theirs which will provide good working experience. I wanted to shout out loud. "MID CAP COMPANY? U CALL THIS A MID CAP COMPANY. THIS COMES IN THE COTTAGE INDUSTRY CATEGORY". Instead, I forced a smile and said, "I would like to work where I get good work. Yep! I lied. I wanted to see where all this was heading and how much they were planning to buy me for.


Later when they made an offer, I had to say this. BLOODY CHEAPOS!!!

There was another interview that I attended standing in an amusement park. Well, that was fun. They kept telling me that there was a lot of noise in the background. I was like... "Yeah... sorry, I cant help!!"I was getting all kinds of weird ideas at that time. (I was wondering how they would feel if they heard people screaming on rides or may be I should sit on a roller coaster and ask them to hold and they could hear me screaming too... :P)

But during this period, I realized how crazy things could actually become or may be it is just my usual luck.

13 comments:

bilbo said...

whoa!!! another post. and whadya know. Me firstt again.

Hmm why are u calling it interview nightmares? looks like you're having a ball.

Kathy said...

... ^_^ seems ur crazy adventures never ends lol!! enjoyyyy! :P

Merry X'mas dear... may God pour u more more blessings, happiness, good health and prosperous New Year ahead!
u take care always!! luv ya...

hugss**

Apy said...

@Bilbo
It was a nightmare... wen i tried to imagine myself in that company and going to Taiwan.. hehe..

@Kathy
Merry Christmmas to u too n my good wishes are always with ya.. Take care..

San said...

sounds like a helluva experience!

Keshi said...

Happy New Year Apy!

Keshi.

Mr. J said...

Hahaha.. it happens.. always. Keep up the spirit ;)

P said...

happy new year!

parikrama said...

Talk about being at the wrong place at wrong time ! Interview in Amusement Park ?? !! now thats a first, unless you are applying for the post of "Fun Co-Ordinator" "Rides - Assistant" or something of that sorts ! Keep sharing Ur weird experiences & good luck in your hunt.

Twisted DNA said...

"U CALL THIS A MID CAP COMPANY. THIS COMES IN THE COTTAGE INDUSTRY CATEGORY"
ROFL! You had some really fun interviews! Did you find a job yet?

Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

LOL !!!

Apy said...

@san
You bet... BTW.. Welcome to my place

@Keshi
Happy new year to u too dear...

@John
I m trying my best :)

@Perspective
Happy new year to u too...

@Parikarma
lol.. no it was not for any of that.. It was just that I was out of station and we had planned for an outing that day and these people called.. Couldnt help it.. :P

@a
Yep.. it happened.. n nopes u cant if you dont have an account... some weird experiences.. BTW.. welcome to my place..

@twisted dna
Yep. got it dude.. but thats anothr weird story.. .will write about that soon...

@Loon gal
:) Welcome to my place

Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

its time for a new post!!!

Apy said...

@loon Gal
finally started writing.. and its gonna be a long one..